Friday, October 1, 2010

31 questions

So Heidi at D-Tales cooked up this questionnaire for the kids in the DOC and here are L's answers...

What is your name?
Uh.....L? [she knows we don't use her full name on the blog]

How old are you?
10.

When were you diagnosed with diabetes?
One year ago.

Do you remember what happened when you were diagnosed or how you felt?
Yes. Confused. And depressed.

Do finger pokes or shots [or site insertions/infusion set changes] hurt?
Sometimes shots and site changes do.

What is a high number?
250

What is a low number?
50

What does low blood sugar feel like?
Shaky, hungry, sometimes depressing, that's basically the main ones.

What’s your favorite way to treat a low?
Skittles.

How do you feel when your blood sugar level is high?
Sick.

What’s the best thing about having diabetes?
[long pause] Is there one? Heh.

What’s the worst thing about having diabetes?
You can't do things other people can do.

Like what?
Like if your blood sugar is too high, you can't eat a cupcake or something.

Do you worry much about diabetes?
No.

If one of your friends were diagnosed with diabetes, what would you say to that friend?
Tough Luck ahahahaha, just kidding. Um...It's not that bad.

What’s your favorite food?
It's between bread and popcorn.

What’s your favorite snack?
Hm, I'm not sure...Bagels!

What’s your favorite low-carb food?
Cheese. And meats.

Do you know what a blog is?
YES! I hope so. [she has her own blog here.]

Do you know that I blog about diabetes?
Yes! Why would I be taking this [questionnaire] if I didn't?

Do you care?
What do you mean?

Like, does it bother you?
No.

Why do you think I blog about diabetes?
To share your experiences?

What’s your biggest wish?
That there is a cure.

Who’s your best friend?
A and E.

What do you like about him/her/them?
They are great people.

What’s your favorite thing to do?
Hang out with friends.

Do you have a hero?
No.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
I'm not sure...probably like a diabetes educator. Or an artist.

Who’s your favorite person in the whole wide world?
I don't know. I don't really have one. My parents? [giggling]

Are you afraid of anything?
Sometimes I get paranoid.

Fill in the blank. L is___________. There is no right or wrong answer.
I dunno! Just type a question mark!

* * *

So now I'm supposed to tag another blogger but I figure if ya'll want to do it, then go for it! I've enjoyed reading the ones I've read so far. Your kid's answers might surprise you!

5 comments:

  1. Great answers...I find it so interesting that these guys don't have a hero (I did Joe's interview this afternoon...and will post tomorrow)...I think maybe it is b/c they are heroes in their own right.

    Great MeMe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing....these kids and their answers....

    They are truly amazing people.

    As are their parents ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you participated!!! Thank you! :)

    L's answers are great. The one about not being able to "eat a cupcake or something," when her blood sugar is too high, hit home. Jack missed out on eating class snack at school today, because his BG was too high. He hates when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to learn a bit more about L! She should get her package in the next few days, I'm sorry it is taking so long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reyna - That's such a sweet thought.

    Wendy - I feel the same way about all the kids and parents I've learned about through the DOC.

    Heidi - Oh man, such a bummer. :(

    Meri - We loved it, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete